The course will discuss the many applications of cone beam CT in dentistry particularly the clinical applications of CBCT in various areas such as implantology, endodontics, surgery, orthodontics, periodontology, and pathology with numerous case examples. Additional areas such as the use of CBCT for airway segmentation and for evaluation of the temporomandibular joints will be discussed.
Course Objectives: (Upon completion of the course the participant will understand the following)
- Better understand the use of CBCT for implant treatment planning
- Better understand the use of CBCT for evaluation of abnormalities and pathologies
- Better understand the use of CBCT for endodontic and periodontal applications
- Better understand the use of CBCT when evaluating the mandibular canal, third molars, temporomandibular joints and sinuses
- Better understand the use of CBCT for traumatic applications and orthodontic applications
- Better understand the uses of CBCT when using third party applications such as segmenting the airway space and for 3D printing
Upon completion of this course content the participant will receive 2.5 CE Credits.